The Diagnostics Division of Yamasa Corporation recognizes the importance of personal information and considers appropriate handling of personal information to be an important duty. The Diagnostics Division of Yamasa Corporation works to protect personal information by painstakingly adhering to the following policies.
Compliance with laws and ordinances
When handling personal information, The Diagnostics Division of Yamasa Corporation complies with laws and ordinances regarding the protection of such information.
Collection of personal information
To provide good service to our customers, The Diagnostics Division of Yamasa Corporation conducts surveys, provides email distribution services, distributes data, accepts email inquiries and offers various prizes. In doing so, we ask customers to provide us with personal information when necessary. When taking custody of customers’ personal information, we inform them in advance of how it will be used and ask for no more information than needed for those purposes.
Managing and protecting personal information
The Diagnostics Division of Yamasa Corporation manages customers’ personal information in an appropriate manner and works to prevent that information from leaving the department. We also take appropriate and reasonable safety measures to protect customers’ personal information from risks including unauthorized external access, loss, destruction and alteration.
Use of personal information
When customers provide us with personal information, we use it only for the purposes customers are informed of when they provide the information, and we are careful not to violate customers’ rights.
We use personal information customers provide mainly for the following purposes.
- Shipping of purchased items, information materials, and samples.
- Provision and proposal of information on products and services.
- Provision, collection, and examination of academic and technical information.
- Correspondence regarding inquiries and consultations.
- Survey and research on the development of new products.
- Questionnaire survey and monitoring
- Provision and collection of information on the proper use of in vitro diagnostics and research reagents manufactured and sold by the Diagnostics Division, Yamasa Corporation.
- Provision and collection of information on the quality and safety of in vitro diagnostics and research reagents manufactured and sold by the Diagnostics Division, Yamasa Corporation.
- Survey and research on clinical trials, clinical performance tests, and postmarketing surveillance.
- Congratulations/condolences and closing remarks.
- Reporting to government agencies
- Others: Purposes of acquiring personal information.
For the above purpose of use, if it is judged that it is better to correspond directly from distributor, product dealer, manufacturing vendor, etc., we will provide personal information within the scope necessary to fulfill the purposes of use.
The Diagnostics Division of Yamasa Corporation sometimes sends information by email or other methods to customers who have provided us with their personal information. If you do not want this information, please let us know, and we will stop sending it to you.
Providing personal information to third parties
The Diagnostics Division of Yamasa Corporation does not disclose or provide customers’ personal information to third parties unless the customer agrees or disclosure is justifiably requested based on laws and ordinances. And when we do provide personal information to other companies, we use confidentiality agreements and other methods to prevent those companies from leaking or redistributing that information. And when offering statistical information to others, we only do so in a manner that prevents them from identifying individual customers.
Disclosure and revision of personal information
If a customer personally asks that her personal information be disclosed, revised or deleted, The Diagnostics Division of Yamasa Corporation will disclose, revise or delete that information to the extent reasonably possible.
However, The Diagnostics Division of Yamasa Corporation might not do so if there is reason to believe it will harm the life, health, property or other interests of other customers, or if we judge that it will markedly hinder our department carrying out its business operations, or if it would violate a law or ordinance.
With regard to our handling of customers’ personal information, we will reconsider and improve the preceding items when appropriate. Accordingly, this policy may be modified without prior notice.